- About us
ILIYCH Abrasive Company - the leading manufacturer and supplier of CBN tools in Russia. The company produces CBN wheels, Diamond grinding wheels and cut-off wheels and high porous conventional vitrified wheels. Most of the Russian industrial companies use ILYICH grinding wheels in their production. We export our grinding wheels to 60 companies in 25 countries all around the world.
ILYICH Abrasive company was founded in St.Petersburg in 1878 as “The first Russian Emery Products Factory”. Ever since ILYICH is a pioneer in development of new abrasive tools in Russia.
We focus on stability of the quality of our products and keep close contacts with our customers. We offer our help in optimization the grinding processes and finding the best solutions for grinding of new materials and complicated shapes.
ILYICH Abrasive Company has a wide distribution network both in Russia and abroad.
At the end of 19th century "The First Russian Emery Products Factory" was established by N.Struk on the Chernaya River Embankment. Production was located in the small shop and was mostly manual. Since that time a lot of things have been changed…
August 18, 1878 - N.Struk founded the first emery products factory in Russian Empire.
- 1890 - 1900 – production of the whole range of abrasive wheels and tools for Russian industry.
- 1959 - production of natural diamond grinding tools.
- 1962 - production of Synthetic Diamonds.
- 1963 - production of Synthetic Diamond grinding wheels.
- 1963 - development of synthesis technology of the new CBN material – ELBOR
- 1965 - mass production of CBN vitrified grinding wheels and CBN resin bonded grinding wheels
- 1968-1978 - the replacement of imported grinding wheels for AUTOVAZ and KAMAZ (the leading Russian automotive companies).
- 1985 - development of high-porous grinding wheels for energy machine-building companies and for aircraft engine companies.
- 1999 - manufacturing of Synthetic Diamond Vitrified wheels.
- 2001 - development of high-porous CBN vitrified wheels -AEROBOR®.
- 2006 - manufacturing of CBN Vitrified grinding wheels for high-speed grinding (100 m/s and more).